Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Stay on course

May 27, 2009

Today’s lesson comes from Wayne W. Dyer, noted author and self-help guru. I was rereading a part of his book, “Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life,” this morning when I came across this quote:

“Do not limit the view of yourself. … Do not resist the natural course of your life.”

For the first time in a couple of months, I felt some of the anxiety and discomfort dissolve as I digested those words. What those words mean to me is that the time had come in the grand scheme of the universe and in the realm of the Supreme Being, whoever that might be, that I embark on a new path in life. It means that I didn’t make a mistake by leaving my job. It means that destiny dictated that there are new plans ahead for me.

I was able to shed those nagging worries about the family future and approach the day with great confidence. I did my last student observation at Mill Middle School for my masters in education course. I started reading J.M. Coetzee for my English class. I did yard work. I talked to my kids. I applied for a few more jobs. I started thinking about my fall courses at D’Youville and doing more student observation in the autumn. (It won’t be long before grades start rolling in for the two courses I’m currently taking.)

Anyway, I’ll have to send Dyer an e-mail of thanks. “Do not resist the natural course of your life.” That comes from the Tao, 72nd verse.

What a great saying.

Stop fighting what is supposed to transpire in your life, it is telling me. Accept it. Enjoy it.

This should be a monster summer for me. I am in great health, have lots of money and lots of time to do what I want to do, whether it’s ride around in a boat on Chautauqua Lake, garden, or sit in the hot tub and soak down beers. I could also do more free-lance writing, read great books or go hiking somewhere.

Free to be – you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment